Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: September 4, 2020
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
A Senior Account requires excellent communication, problem solving, a strong attention to detail, and the ability to work well with a team as well as various levels of management throughout the organization. This position is responsible for assisting the company in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial information. Candidates will be expected to show personal initiative and assume primary ownership for these duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Performs general accounting functions including the following:
- Prepare a variety of closing journal entries for monthly financial statements.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintains fixed assets in the ERP system.
- Prepare financial reports as needed.
- Assist with capital spending tracking and reporting.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules
- Performs more complex accounting functions including the following:
- Prepare the most complex journal entries for monthly financial statements.
- Provide annual planning assistance to management and staff.
- Prepare year-end tax schedules.
- Prepare state and local tax reports which could include sales and use, property, and Puerto Rico Hacienda.
- Provide accounting guidance to management and staff as requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting required.
- 3 plus years related accounting experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPA or CMA certificate is desirable.
- Knowledge of corporate accounting processes.
- Excellent accounting skills including knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting Standards and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. GAAP technical research experience is a plus.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Local, state and federal tax experience preferred.
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills to problem solving.
- Ability to create custom reports from financial data is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to recognize and implement process improvements.
- Ability to mentor/train General Accountants.
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Teams and Excel).