Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Sales
Publish Date: January 28, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
Provide administrative support to the sales staff, including travel arrangements, presentations assistance and report production.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Prepare professional customer presentations in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Assist with tradeshow preparation, including registrations, marketing materials, travel arrangements, and management of the tradeshow booth
- Perform complex administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
- Maintain department travel, vacation and meeting calendar
- Answer incoming calls and give information to caller to include location of freight and/or research location of freight.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material and answer routine letters
- Coordinate for customers rate quotes, rebills, shipments, etc.
RFP Coordination Duties:
- Ensure the RFP process for the sales team is followed
- Verify general freight RFPs received by the company are tracked, read, disseminated to appropriate audiences, compiled, and sent out in a variety of formats
- Work with Sales team and customers to support efforts in presenting current and detailed information to prospective clients as well as current clients through the renewal process
- Responsible for the creation and assembly of on-line proposal submissions
Database Management Duties:
- Manage Carlile’s database sales software
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users
- Develop sales and revenue reports to continually monitor data quality and integrity
- Develop training plans, materials, and documentation for database users, keep materials up-to-date, coordinate new user and ongoing training sessions
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; an AA degree in business admin desirable
- Three to four years of experience in transportation/trucking industry admin role
- Valid driver’s license with own transportation