Safety and Workers’ Compensation Administrator
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: June 4, 2020
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Responsible for the authorization and administration of all insurance claims relating to workers compensation and vehicle accident claims. Maintains driver files for newly hired employees with a CDL license, and conducts annual file reviews to ensure compliance. Maintains all injury/accident logs and creates monthly reports. Coordinates medical treatment for injuries, and DOT renewal physicals. Administers the DOT random drug testing program and post incident drug testing program. Acts as a liaison between insurance carrier(s), medical facilities, employee, attorneys, and company to ensure claims are properly resolved. Prepares special Human Resources management reports and employment statistics and assist internal and external customers with human resources and safety statistics.
- Authorizes initial and referral treatment for workers compensation cases, and monitors treatment progress. Ensures restrictions are followed and works with department supervisors to ensure light duty assignments are properly assigned and are in compliance with restrictions. Maintains all related files with required information.
- Monitors renewals for safety, environmental and hazardous material permits, registrations, and certificates, and assists with renewals as required.
- Acts as liaison between workers compensation insurance carrier(s), medical facilities, claims representative and employee and/or company to ensure that claims are properly resolved. Assists employees with related insurance carrier issues. Coordinates workers compensation medical payments with appropriate carriers to ensure timely payment. Assist in workers compensation insurance renewals as required.
- Maintains and updates accident and injury logs,and creates monthly reports. Completes workers compensation claim reports,and submits to appropriate carriers. Ensures that OSHA logs are accurate and updated timely with ytd results as required.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of documentation for CDL driver files, including annual file reviews. Manages the MVR review authorizing required reviews and DOT physicals.
- Develops and maintains safety, workers compensation, administrative manuals, records and human resources statistics databases and other documents necessary for compliance with OSHA and our state or federal workers compensation regulations and company policies. Updates technical manuals as new updates are released. Assists with the development of safety, environmental and/or hazardous material training materials as required.
- Completes incident and vehicle accident reports and submits to Risk Management for carrier submittal.
- Administer Random Drug Testing Program per DOT guidelines. Maintains drug testing result files for post-accident/injury testing.
- Assists in scheduling training sessions including safety new hire orientation and creates training certificates and /or wallet cards, coordinates student roster tracking with employee development department. Maintains the master log of compliance to ensure that operational areas conduct monthly training. Coordinates the distribution of monthly safety topics,
- Coordinates FMLA with lost time worker compensation injury claims.
- Maintains PeopleSoft tables related to safety as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
|· Associates Degree in Business Administration|
|· Two years of safety compliance experience.
· Experience with PeopleSoft query and report writing.
|· Valid Florida Driver's License.|