Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: October 6, 2020
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
The Saltchuk Retirement Analyst is an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented HR professional who has significant benefits (health & retirement) experience. This position is a member of the Saltchuk Corporate HR Team, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Benefits for Saltchuk. The position will support various Operating Company payroll and HR staff in the compliance activities for the 401(k) Plan with assets of over $400M. This role will be a “trusted advisor” to the stakeholders across Saltchuk’s 6 business units and 27 Operating Companies and is the point person for supporting the business in transfers, data issues affecting the 401(k) recordkeeper, and day to day troubleshooting plan issues and questions. Initially, this role is a temporary position for project work expected to last six to twelve months.
Please see www.saltchuk.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides analyst support for the company’s 401(k) plan, including ensuring plan compliance.
- Learns details of all plan documents and policies and serves to remind and reinforce compliance expectations.
- Serves as the liaison for the business units and operating companies’ human resources and payroll departments on escalated employee issues.
- Works closely with the Sr. Benefits Manager, the 401(k) recordkeeper account team, and ERISA counsel to ensure close collaboration and alignment on solutions to problems or issues.
- Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data.
- Assists in data analysis and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the Sr. Benefit Manager and Saltchuk strategies.
- Bachelor's degree required in HR, Business, or a related field
- Benefit Certifications preferred (CBP, CEBS)
- HR certification helpful - PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years directly related retirement benefits experience and a minimum of 5 years of HR systems analyst experience.
- Significant experience with 401(k)’s. Pension and non-qualified plan experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements and best practices related to retirement plans.
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor, as well as working collaboratively with management and other HR leaders and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to think holistically to see trends and patters and be very hands on.
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach is essential
- Strong project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering results
- Solid analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong business acumen, consulting, and problem solving skills