Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: October 5, 2021
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Generalist with knowledge in transportation & logistics and experience with regulatory agencies. If superior data entry and attention to detail are some of your skills, this opportunity is for you! The Regulatory Compliance Generalist is responsible for complying with regulatory requirements and ensure business partners are knowledgeable of any revisions/updates made to the regulations to minimize risk.
As a Regulatory Compliance Generalist you will:
- Reconcile all vessels manifests with the Vessel Management report to ensure integrity of data prior to sending manifest to Government Entities.
- Provide Cargo manifest to all respective Regulatory Agencies, as required by U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP).
- Resolve manifest discrepancies with business partners to ensure discrepancies are minimized in order to reduce the risk of fines/penalties.
- Create foreign cargo manifest and submit to CBP.
- Educate and guide appropriate Departments on all the regulatory requirements to ensure understanding of the regulations.
- Communicate with governmental agencies for authorization of delivery, inspections and hold/releases.
- Frequent communication with all port locations on cargo hold/releases to ensure cargo is dispatched after all regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensure all shipments are properly documented in order to transmit to regulatory agencies, as required. (ie: Arbitrios and CBP)
- Transmit all documented shipments destined to San Juan, PR to Arbitrios & monitor results. Submit corrections to Hacienda, when necessary.
- Monitor daily foreign cargo entries to inform port locations of releases and validation of entries.
- Prepare electronic In-Bond documents for foreign cargo (USVI) and ensure clearance of In-Bond before the release of cargo.
- Once all required data elements are received from the customer, file the Electronic Export Information (EEI) in the ACE Secure Data Portal.
- Review Census Bureau transmission and make amendments as necessary to comply with regulations.
- Provide copy of AES/EEI filing for customers, as requested.
- Audit In-Bond entries for all port locations to ensure documents are validated prior to release.
- Send Arrival Notifications to customers.
- Interface with internal and external customers as needed to obtain missing information.
- Meet all department requirements to maintain departmental KPI’s with in targeted goal.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to exceed customer expectations
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (required)
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
- Superior data entry skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements under U.S. Customs Protection – Title 19 CFR Chapter 1, Foreign Trade Regulations – Title 15 CFR Part 30, and Puerto Rico State Tax Office is a plus.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree or above in related field or related equivalent experience and/or combination of experience and education required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in transportation related business (required)
- Experience with Regulatory agencies (preferred)
At TOTE , shipping is about more than reliable delivery, it’s about people. The TOTE team is dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations with efficiency, integrity and unparalleled customer service. We’re equally committed to our own employees – fostering a working environment where they are respected, inspired, and recognized for excellent work. We strive to be the best at what we do. To learn more about TOTE history and values, go to https://www.totemaritime.com/about/about-the-company/
Our organization is committed to its employees by providing competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and professional development opportunities. If you want to be part of a company that fosters a family-like culture, look no further.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.