Refrigeration Mechanic – Riviera Beach Job ID 9350
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: May 3, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Assumes responsibility for the operational checks, preventative and corrective maintenance of refrigerated containers and chassis generators. Performs preventative maintenance on all yard and warehouse machinery.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Inspects, tests, and performs preventative maintenance on 20- and 40-foot mechanical reefers and gen-sets as needed.
- Inspects and pre-trips all loaded reefers.
- Performs corrective maintenance on loaded casualty units.
- Maintains accurate records of work performed.
- Operates jockey truck, fuel truck, fork-lift, and spreader to cover for others in their absence.
- Keeps all refrigeration shop trucks clean and in good running condition.
- Administers checks and services to freight handling machinery as scheduled monthly by the maintenance shop.
- Performs unit overhauls which includes compressor tear down, diesel engine removal and installation, cleaning, and painting.
- Keeps work area clean, orderly, and safe.
- Responds to emergency calls after working hours if necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational training and certification in electrical or refrigeration and diesel mechanics.|
|EXPERIENCE:||Three years electronics, refrigeration, and diesel mechanics.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver's License, Class A License with Hazardous endorsements.|
|PHYSICAL:||Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds daily. Able to withstand constant exposure to extreme weather conditions.|