Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Human Resources
Publish Date: April 28, 2021
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
The Recruiter will be responsible for the full recruitment process from identifying needs, sourcing candidates, managing the interview process, supporting internal clients, to closing successful hires. This role will be a brand ambassador – assuring a positive experience from candidate engagement through employee onboarding.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Evaluate and establish a talent acquisition strategy aligned with hiring needs to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand and define their hiring needs.
- Manage and execute full cycle recruiting process from sourcing through onboarding.
- Manage and communicate with candidates and hiring managers throughout the recruiting process.
- Establish key metrics and reporting for recruiting statistics and data.
- Create a sourcing strategy by identifying social networks, community forums, job boards, employee referrals, job fairs, and outreach to potential candidates. Evaluate effectiveness through metrics, applicant tracking, and quality of candidates.
- Collaborate with HR team on diversity and inclusion initiatives to incorporate into talent acquisition programs in order to increase diversity at every level in the organization.
- Utilize and make recommendations on recruiting systems and processes.
- Manage setup, processes, and activity within Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Develop and manage programs such as onboarding, employee referral, and interview training.
- Manage offer process including creating offer letters, managing drug test and background screen process, checking references, and internal new hire notification.
- Coordinate with HR Generalist on DOT drug screens and driver qualification files.
- Maintain knowledge on compensation, employment laws, and regulations that impact recruitment to ensure compliance and best practices.
- Manages relationships with outside recruiting agencies when needed, including agency selection, contract negotiation, and communication.
- Conduct exit interviews and make recommendations based on feedback.
- Form solid relationships with hiring managers at all locations.
- Model our company values as a brand ambassador both externally and internally.
- Contribute to other HR projects as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field and three years of prior Recruiting / HR experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with OFCCP compliance and HR certification a plus.