Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Publish Date: April 22, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Do you enjoy building relationships and have a good eye for detail? Northern Air Cargo is a growing company providing essential services in Alaska and beyond. We are looking for someone to add to our recruiting team. You will be part of a collaborative HR Department in a company with an accessible leadership team and family feel to the organization. We offer the opportunity to make a genuine impact.
At Northern Air Cargo (NAC), employees are our most important resource. Collaborate with managers on full-cycle recruitment to hire and onboard quality talent for a variety of positions. Provide a superior customer experience for managers, candidates and employees. Ensure all legal and company requirements are met in the highly regulated air cargo industry.
- You will collaborate with hiring managers to plan recruitment strategy (ensure job descriptions are accurate and complete, discuss selection criteria and what success in the job looks like, identify specific outreach sources, etc.)
- We trust you to ensure our hiring process is compliant with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- You play a key role in helping new employees join our company in the highly regulated aviation industry. This will include managing the pilot onboarding process.
- Coordinate and proctor monthly New Hire Orientation; may present portions.
- Manage Employee Referral Program.
- You will develop and maintain positive relationships with colleges/universities, employment agencies, government agencies, community organizations and professional organizations.
- Post job openings internally and externally. Source applicants as needed using UltiPro database, LinkedIn or other internet resources and develop new strategies/programs to attract candidates.
- Attend virtual or in-person job fairs and career days; may include giving presentations about company.
- Review applications submitted through UltiPro.
- Conduct phone screenings and/or participate in interview panels with hiring managers. May assist in scheduling interviews.
- You will assist our managers in crafting appropriate behavior-based interview questions aligned with selection criteria. This helps us find the right candidate for the job.
- Coach managers on best practices and legal compliance throughout the hiring process.
- Assist hiring managers in selection of new employees, obtain and document selection reasons and collect/archive interview notes.
- Collaborate with manager to calculate salary offer and obtain approval from senior manager with budget authority. Responsible for evaluating internal equity and ensuring offers align with company compensation philosophy and pay guidelines.
- Extend job offers, prepare offer letters, review onboarding requirements with new hires and process in UltiPro.
- Ensure all pre-employment processes are completed (i.e. drug testing, background check, airport SIDA badge, required forms, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with I-9 and E-Verify.
- Assist with company Affirmative Action Program compliance.
- Maintain currency on legislation, regulation and company policies regarding employment.
- Work on projects and initiatives that support company business strategy and drive efficiency within the Human Resources Department.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED) required. Prefer bachelor’s degree.
- You have at least two years of recruiting, onboarding or related HR experience or a combination of relevant experience, education and training.
- You are computer literate with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; SharePoint preferred. Experience creating templates in DocuSign preferred.
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and can keep information secure without exception.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse population of internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a strong eye for detail and can make sure a high volume of work is completed accurately.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment and stay on top of numerous competing priorities.
- Aviation is a dynamic industry. We need a candidate who is flexible and able to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- We would be thrilled if you have human resources certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP.
- We would also love aviation or transportation industry background. If not that, anything in a highly regulated environment is helpful.
- Experience with UltiPro preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check, including TSA security threat assessment.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- This position has a high level of interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to write grammatically correct business correspondence, procedures and routine reports.
- Effective public speaking and ability to present to employee groups, community groups, management, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond verbally and in writing to candidates, employees, management, peers, and outside agencies.
- Most work is performed in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Manual dexterity is required for heavy amount of computer input.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- Will need to see, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.