Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Aviation
Publish Date: August 13, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Do you have good data entry skills and strong attention to detail? Are you able to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment? In this role, you will provide critical support to keep our aircraft flying. Northern Air Cargo has been in business for 65 years. Family-oriented environment. Comprehensive benefits including travel perks.
The Records Clerk maintains aircraft records per the policy and procedures set forth in the Northern Air Cargo General Maintenance Manual.
The Records Clerk will perform the following duties:
• Collects previous day’s aircraft log sheets, routine cards and non-routine cards.
• Audit previous day’s aircraft log sheets, routine cards, non-routine cards for correct times, signatures, removed and installed parts.
• Documents previous day’s aircraft flight log information, delays, cancellations, routine cards, non-routine cards, removed and installed parts as appropriate into TRAX program.
• Documents previous day’s aircraft flight log information into Aircraft Master Log Excel Workbook.
• Audits the Aircraft Master Log Excel Workbook daily • Scans and distributes previous day’s aircraft log sheets to appropriate management personnel.
• Scans and distributes previous day’s B737 aircraft log sheets to engine trend contract vendor.
• Updates Daily Aircraft Status Report by computing and posting amount of time aircraft have been in use and times remaining using calculator, Excel, and TRAX.
• Calculates total flight times and cycles flown for that month, at end of month in aircraft master logs.
• Maintains records of usage and time intervals between scheduled inspections and maintenance of aircraft components, scheduled inspections, airworthiness directives, special items in TRAX and Excel programs.
• Records aircraft component changes, airworthiness directive compliance and special inspections in TRAX and Excel programs.
• Verifies receiving paperwork and documenting information.
• Files aircraft records to include but not limited to log sheets, routine check packages, maintenance provider teardown reports, invoices.
• Aids in preparing monthly reports showing flight hours, engine changes, engine shutdowns, mechanical interruptions and the status of all removed engines and propellers.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Need at least 12 months in a clerical or administrative role preforming tasks of similar complexity to Records Clerk
- Requires good data entry skills and a thorough understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to recognize, understand and create Excel formulas preferred.
- Knowledge of the TRAX computer system is preferred, but not required.
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Must be able communicate effectively between multiple departments.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mechanics, managers or outside agencies.
- Familiarity with NAC maintenance policies/procedures preferred..
- Must be able to prioritize. Must have good organizational skills.
- Must understand auditing processes and be capable of identifying anomalies.
- Must be able to interpret regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and TSA security threat assessment.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAC is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization -- in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.