Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance, Trucking
Publish Date: September 23, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
The Rate Engineer is responsible for compiling data and auditing invoices of high volume and complex customers to ensure accurate invoicing; supports Sr. Rate Engineers and Billing and Rating Manager as they maintain and update the rate database.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Routinely review all billing data of high volume and complex customers capturing information needed to support billing automation
- Communicate and/or initiate corrective actions to Sr Rate Engineers and others to maintain accurate invoicing
- Respond to all levels of billing inquiries including external and internal customers
- Perform analysis on special projects as required
- Prepare periodic and special billing activity reports or work project reports as assigned
- Work closely with all levels of operations personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, accounting, or a related field
- Experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a 1:1 basis (one year of experience for every one year of education required for degree completion)
- Two to three years experience with billing, auditing or equivalent experience
- Intermediate level use of accounting or ERP software system
- Transportation industry experience preferred