Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Administrative, Finance
Publish Date: January 3, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for assessing cost, assisting in determination of prices, analyzing marker data, and coordinating sale activities related to rate requests and service contracts.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of and understand market price trends and costs
- Follow provided guidelines and information to determine effective pricing for specific customers and lanes they run in
- Assist Sales with bid packages, multiple and full year opportunities to ensure favorable pricing
- Research and review pricing data to help Manager establish competitive rates for the current market
- Assist with developing and maintaining guidelines for contracts in conjunction with the Operations, Claims, Finance and Sales teams
- Review contracts and coordinate approval through the established process and with the appropriate team
- Participate in the development of department goals and objectives
- Develop reports that are useful for internal use and to understand customer requirements
- Prepares for and participates in contract review for annual GRI process
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or sales related field preferred.
- Two years pricing/ data analysis required, experience in transportation industry preferred.