Port Material Expeditor – St. Croix, USVI
Location: St Croix Usvi
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Purchasing/Procurement
Publish Date: December 16, 2019
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Responsible for ensuring all parts and materials are purchased as the best value added solution for equipment maintenance. Ensures accurate and timely assignment of parts for maximum performance of the maintenance shops. Administers parts and inventory to ensure efficient quantity levels and organization of parts inventory.
To apply for this job please visit hrwppb06v.trophq.tropical.com.
- Research alternative parts solutions, secure quotes from multiple vendors. Evaluate current inventory items and research alternatives that are comparable and provide costs reductions. Coordinate with the buyers to change suppliers and part numbers. Research competitive vendors and negotiate for cost and quality.
- Using manufacturer catalogues, research parts, complete requisition to order parts and materials. Secures parts for mechanics as requested.
- Stage parts for mechanics. Assemble kits for respective jobs and advise mechanics of parts status. Prepare work orders for mechanics and link eRequisitions to Fleetwave work orders. Track line cards and track PM parts in the Fleetwave asset module.
- Send cores out to vendors for rebuilding. Ensure the selected supplier provides a product that is the highest quality and best value and in a reasonable turn time. Manage all the cores for rebuilding. Create orders for all the cores that require rebuilding or ensure the core is returned for credit and that the credit is received.
- Ensure warranted parts are returned for credit and that the replaced parts are received from the manufacturer. Ensure that all warranty paperwork is properly filled out and submitted. Track the open warranty requests to ensure Tropical receives credit for the parts and labor.
- Ensure all parts removed from inventory are properly documented and recorded. Track and manage inventory of parts and fuel receipts and dispenses, utilizing the Fleetwave system.
- Follow up with the Buyer in Central Procurement on all parts for expected delivery dates and are not overdue. Coordinate with the shop for rescheduling activities on past due material.
- Pick up and deliver parts and cores as required. Manage lube, lube oil, waste oil, red area, hose, fittings and hardware areas. Update min-max quantity levels as necessary. Ensure vendors are meeting the expected obligations and requirements.
- Ensure inventory levels are appropriate for the shop by managing the min-max levels.
- Schedule scrape metal pick-up and code credit accordingly.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the stock room. Coordinate disposal of all waste and hazardous materials.
- Identify alternative products for new equipment. Initiate requests for new items to be added to inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in mechanical parts procurement.
LICENSE: Valid Local Driver's License. Valid Passport
TRAVEL: 5% travel to other Tropical Shipping locations as required.
PHYSICAL: Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds on a daily basis. Able to withstand constant exposure to extreme weather conditions.
(Education and experience minimums can be substituted with any equivalent combination of training and experience)