PC Support Specialist – Riviera Beach Job ID 9349
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: May 3, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Supports the company personnel involved in utilizing information systems and equipment which operates independently from the central network, usually on PC. Additionally, provides support for Office Systems and their associated equipment.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Assist and provide initial training for personnel utilizing systems and equipment typically classified as micro-computers.
- Review, evaluate and recommend enhancements and improvements to purchased end-user products.
- Ensure compliance with corporate guideline for the use and operation of micro-computers.
- Research and implement new technology solutions as a part of the Corporate Communications Network.
- Maintain and document the software, equipment and other relevant information associated with supporting the micro-computer environment.
- Develop and or implement special projects at the request of management.
- Assist with the management of the communications network, data base management systems and network-based office support products.
- Other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|EXPERIENCE:||Three years in supporting micro-computer software and equipment.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver's License and Valid Passport.|
|TRAVEL:||20% travel to both domestic and international Tropical locations.|
|PHYSICAL:||Office Environment - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer. Ability to bend or stoop to retrieve lower shelf files. Ability to reach overhead to retrieve upper shelf files. ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of day. Ability to travel in various modes of transportation (e.g. automobile, airplane, train etc.) Occasionally exposed to outside elements during traveling.|