Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Human Resources
Publish Date: January 10, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
The payroll supervisor is responsible for performing and monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives, including relationships with internal customers and external auditors and state and federal agencies. This position reports directly to the controller and requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll. Uses automated system to produce accurate and timely bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws and maintains current knowledge of the same
- Prepares and process voluntary and involuntary deductions such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Participates in and supervises payroll audit activities.
- Recommends best practices, develops procedures and documents processes.
- Understands and performs internal controls in accordance with company policies
- Identifies payroll system problems and coordinates corrective action with third party provider (UltiPro)
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Four to six years payroll experience
- One to two years payroll supervisory experience
- Valid AK driver's license