Payroll Specialist II
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: October 12, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
This position is responsible for performing payroll procedures completely, accurately, and in a timely manner. The Payroll Specialist II will be located in Seattle, WA.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Level II: The intermediate level specialist will perform the full range of payroll duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision including the following:
- Performs duties and responsibilities of Level I.
- Maintains the payroll & timekeeping systems for the NAS operating companies.
- Reconciles employee leave and enters leave adjustments
- Processes payroll on a bi-weekly & semi-monthly basis including manual paychecks, as necessary.
- Works with Employee Services to ensure accuracy of payroll system and changes are processed timely & accurately.
- Prepares and/or reviews pay period and monthly reports on payroll, PTO activity & balances, etc. and prepares other reports and compiles payroll data as requested.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- FPC or CPP certification or ability to achieve within 18 months of hire.
- Minimum of 3 years of related payroll experience.
- Experience supporting Payroll for multiple companies.
- Working knowledge of federal and multi-state wage laws required.
- Prior experience with Ultipro Payroll and Empowertime timekeeping system preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of corporate accounting processes.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills to problem solving.
- Confidentiality required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently.
- Strong data entry and 10-key skills
- Strong computer skills with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows 10 and MS Office 2016 Suite (Sharepoint, Onedrive, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and makes decisions in logical and rational manner
Positions at this level have moderate decision-making authority. Actions taken by this position can impact financial reporting and require the application and interpretation of data, facts, situations, procedures and policy.
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization. This position is expected to solve problems within policy guidelines while communicating with management within the division.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month as the financial records are closed and analyzed.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAS is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization — in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.