Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Administrative, Human Resources
Publish Date: June 5, 2020
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
Performs a wide variety of payroll processing and benefits activities, including processing regular and non-regular payroll, administering time and attendance policies and system, and administration of benefit plans.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Processes 6 separate biweekly payrolls for multi-state teams.
- Compiles, analyzes and prepares payroll related information in ADP payroll system, ensuring accurate and timely processing of new hires, promotions, terminations, time off, and benefit related payments (including 401(k) contributions, medical benefit deductions), etc.
- Processes and maintains setup of garnishments and payroll corrections.
- Prepares termination, off cycle and special payments.
- Reconciles 401(k) funding and assist with 401(k) audit.
- Maintains current knowledge of IRS and applicable State/Local regulations.
- Answers time and attendance, time off, and payroll related inquiries from employees and management, providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Manages company payroll, time and attendance, and benefits modules including development, maintenance and enhancements of the systems in ADP Workforce Now.
- Manages leave policies including Vacation, Sick, Holiday, as well as shift-differential, and overtime payment within ADP Workforce Now.
- Manages setup and closure of State withholding accounts as needed.
- Reports and reconciles payroll data as needed, including ACA reporting, Workers’ Compensation, and L&I.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance for payroll items and reporting for entry into accounting system.
- Provides reporting for senior management, and corporate parent company regularly and on an ad hoc basis.
- Spearheads end-of-year reporting to include preparation and distribution of W-2’s and reconciliation of quarterly and year end reports.
- Leads payroll related activity reconciliations and audits.
- Responds to employment verifications.
- Performs benefits administration (medical, dental, FSA, HSA, Life, LTD and EAP) to include enrollments, employee changes, system administration, and compliance.
- Works with benefits provider and HR team to ensure smooth Open Enrollment process.
- Maintains payroll records and files. Supports the implementation of payroll-related initiatives and projects
- Review and resolve payroll discrepancies and employee questions timely and accurately, and take appropriate actions to mitigate future issues.
- All other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting plus 3+ years of payroll experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, CPP designation a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer service; interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and ADP Reporting preferred
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state wage and tax laws, benefits administration, and compliance regulations surrounding payroll, experience with Alaska a plus.
- Experience with benefits administration a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills