Passenger Screening Agent
Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: April 26, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
The Passenger Screening Agent is responsible for providing passenger and baggage screening for all ConocoPhillips flights departing from Anchorage, Alaska. The NAMS Passenger Screening Agent must provide customer service to passengers, security, protection of air travelers, airports, and aircraft in a courteous and professional manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Screen all passengers and their accessible property as per ConocoPhillips security program.
- Operate screening equipment to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo, and on passengers; and prevent those objects from being transported onto ConocoPhillips aircraft.
- Perform searches to include hand wands and pat down searches.
- Know how to immediately contact the GSC, when necessary.
- Knowledgeable of the procedures in chapter (Chapter 13) ConocoPhillips’ LSP and the Persons & Accessible Property Screening Procedures.
- Knowledgeable in all applicable TSA, Company, and Customer rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Communicate and coordinate effectively between ALO Department, the ticket counter, operations, flight crew and flight attendants.
- Sort baggage using baggage carts and baggage tugs.
- Assist Passenger Ramp Agents as needed.
- Remains current on x-ray training to maintain or exceed customer’s baseline standard.
- Must be able to maintain all screening locations as secured where screening is performed.
- Must maintain focus and awareness while working in a high noise, stressful environment.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or general education degree.
- Must be able to pass initial security tests and recurrent testing as required.
- Must be highly organized and be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must have computer skills including Microsoft Word, Office and Excel.
- Must be able to read and understand U.S. FAA and TSA regulations, company policies/procedures and other relevant material.
- Experience in the aviation industry preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Previous security experience recommended.
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must be flexible on work shifts and schedules.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and receive TSA clearance to operate in secure areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is classified as “heavy” with regards to the physical demands.
- Lifting requirements: Passenger luggage weighing up to 50-70 pounds per item.
- Climbing may be required up and down low air stairs.
- Stooping is necessary for handling luggage.
- Reaching to move luggage and deal with paper processing.
- Talking is required at least 75% of the day; use of talking on the phone at least 25% of the day. Reciprocal communication is required at least 75% of the day.
- Good vision is required to operate x-ray machines, process paperwork, input data, and verify identifications.
- Must be able to pass a vision test.
- Good hearing is required to communicate on the phone, with coworkers and passengers.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.