Passenger Ramp Agent
Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: August 6, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
The Passenger Ramp Agents perform a variety of operational aircraft service duties as assigned at the ramp, terminal and hangar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads, stows and unloads baggage, cargo, mail, and catering trolleys from conveyor belts, carts, trucks and aircraft.
- Operates X-Ray equipment for baggage security screening.
- Cleans and services aircraft interiors, removes, assembles and installs catering supplies. Performs aircraft service duties including cleaning, catering, and trash removal.
- Receives and positions aircraft using standard marshalling hand signals and pushes back aircraft. Positions and depositions jet way to aircraft.
- Operates and cleans various mechanical machines and ramp equipment related to aircraft service such as radios, cargo and belt loaders, trucks, tractors, tugs, vans, catering trucks, and related automotive equipment.
- Will be required to maintain ramp area as needed.
- Operates all ground equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintains a positive and friendly attitude with customers and coworkers at all times.
- Builds up and tears down catering trolleys based on specific diagrams for each trolley.
- Maintain the kitchen and aircraft catering equipment in a hygienic fashion
- Drive the catering truck to and from the aircraft
- Operate the hydraulic system of the catering truck
- Be able to move and handle 150lb rolling trolleys
- Cater to the exact diagrams for each aircraft type and flight
- Clean the kitchen, stock room, and other areas as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shift work is required with possible assigned overtime.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with others
- Must possess the desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance, pass a pre-employment drug test and a 5-year background check.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- The work is classified as “heavy” with regards to the physical demands.
- Lifting/carrying requirements: Up to 70 pounds repeatedly.
- Climbing: Up ladders and stairs.
- Reaching: Transferring baggage onto belt loaders.
- Standing/Walking: 75% of the day. Ramp can be wet and/or icy seasonally. Must exercise caution at all times.
- Pushing/Pulling: Up to 150 pounds.
- Crawling: Crawling required.
- Repetitive bending/Twisting: Frequently.
- Talking: Talking is required throughout the day. Talking on the phone and reciprocal communication with co-workers will be required.
- Vision: Good vision is required to perform all tasks.
- Hearing: Good hearing is required for effective and safe communication with co-workers as well as the ability to detect nearby equipment and safety alarms.
- Environmental: Exposure to high noise levels, moving aircraft and equipment, dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, exposure to hazardous materials, exhaust fumes and working in confined spaces for extended periods.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.