Paralegal / Legal Coordinator
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Legal
Publish Date: April 8, 2019
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
Who are you?
You’re a motivated, independent problem-solver ready to become a key member of our dynamic legal department. You thrive on working independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks, prioritizing on the fly and providing high-quality results on tight deadlines.
As a Paralegal / Legal Coordinator, you’ll focus your assistance in three general areas: legal, ethics and risk management. You’ll assist in corporate maintenance activities; draft, manage, and administer documents; manage our third-party ethics hotline and support ethics and compliance initiatives across business units; develop, maintain, and administer policies; and assist in special projects. You’ll also support Saltchuk’s legal department in an administrative capacity.
Responsibilities of a Paralegal / Legal Coordinator:
- You’ll help with maintenance, preparing initial drafts of consents and annual filings, collecting signatures via DocuSign, and maintaining minute books.
- You’ll prepare initial drafts of risk reports and audit disclosures.
- You’ll prepare initial drafts and provide review of NDAs, vendor contracts, agreements, applications, affidavits and other documents, and assist in records management and administration.
- You’ll assist with M&A due diligence, and in other activities and special projects as needed.
- You’ll become the primary administrator of our e-billing system and assist in preparing reports and administering vendor invoices.
- You’ll also become the primary administrator of our ethics hotline, including coordinating with business units to resolve matters within protocol timelines.
- You’ll assist in the tracking, evaluation, and administration of the Ethics & Compliance program evaluation scorecard, and in the development and administration of training programs for corporate home.
- You’ll assist in developing, maintaining and administering corporate policies, and other special projects, including ethics and speak-up initiatives.
- You’ll assist in the tracking and administration of the Enterprise Risk Management program’s company risk assessments and associated mitigation measures, and in compiling and tracking uninsured legal and compliance risks.
- You’ll assist in developing and administering the legal form agreement database.
- You’ll manage legal and compliance resources, make arrangements for team meetings and prepare meeting materials, take meeting notes and prepare drafts of minutes, and assist in the preparation of presentations, Board reports and other documents.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
Experience and Skills:
- You have five or more years of meaningful experience in a similar role in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- It’s helpful to us if you’ve worked in legal, compliance, contract administration, or a related field.
- You communicate effectively: one-on-one, through your writing, and while presenting to a group.
- You work independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks, prioritizing on the fly and providing high-quality results on tight deadlines.
- You’re advanced in Microsoft Office, and it’s a bonus if you have experience with SharePoint or Icertis.
- You’re a team player committed to the success of our company, maintaining the highest ethical standards, and respecting the confidentiality of sensitive matters.
What benefits does Saltchuk offer?
You’ll get market-competitive benefits aimed at supporting you and your family: medical, dental and vision plans, life insurance, and disability benefits. We also practice generous 401(k) company matching to help you save for your future.
All Saltchuk companies prohibit discrimination on the basis of race; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; geographic background; national origin; culture; age; disability; veteran status; economic status; marital status; religious beliefs; or genetics.
Excited? We’d love to hear from you.
Colleen Rosas, SVP Human Resources
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org