Painter – Journeyman Level 1, swing
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Labor
Publish Date: May 4, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
- Perform painting work
- Taping, masking and preparing work area
- Mixing paint
- Proficient in use of both airless and conventional spray
- Prep work area, cleaning with pressure washing, or wipe by hand
- Understands SSPC & NACE surface prep standards
- Understand and records environmental requirements & batch numbers
- Ability to read Competent Person board.
- Maintain organization and housekeeping in work area and shop
- Operate forklift and man-lifts
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Transverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights
- May be required to travel to jobsites away from Shipyard and utilize company vehicle.
- Adhere to all company safety, environmental, quality assurance and security programs
- Adhere to company policies
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.