Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: March 14, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
Pay Rate: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/CAR1046CATR/JobBoard/7a36fbe7-4dcb-4632-8e18-02dd00adf86b/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0f8b5b0b-96bf-47b2-9873-b62590c64d48
This position is primarily responsible for safely and efficiently managing production and operation of the Kodiak terminal. The successful candidate will develop and maintain a strong safety culture and align practices and procedures with established corporate initiatives.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSE policies and procedures, ensuring that safety is always the first priority and consideration in all operations. All else will be secondary when conflicting situations arise.
- Conduct daily safety meetings with staff, consisting of general and/or project specific safety topics
- Contribute significantly to the identification, planning, design, and implementation of processes and procedures that optimize the use of resources, improve services, and reduce costs while promoting a strong safety culture
- Promptly report and investigates all accidents, incidents, and injuries in accordance with company policy
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations, company policy, and all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Professionally represents the company image at all times, including various community and/or business events Review and analyze revenue reports to ensure load planning is maximizing both efficiency and revenue
- Responsible for the training and development of new and current employees at the terminal
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe environment for all employees, customers, and visitors
- Work with the Regional Operations Manager and Recruitment & Retention Manager to recruit, hire, train, develop, and retain employees for all positions
- Actively involved in the terminal and company sales effort to maintain strong relationships with current accounts to ensure customer is satisfied, providing sales and other administrative support as needed
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the following areas: safety, production, attendance, compliance, training requirements, employee development, and reporting procedures
- Actively involved in the pricing of services related to terminal operation
- Provide sales and other administrative support as needed
- Attend all company operations and claims meetings
- Oversee and monitor special projects as required
- BS/BA Business Administration, Logistics, or a related field is strongly preferred
- High School Diploma, or equivalent is required
- Six (6) years’ experience in transportation or supply chain management, or a related field required
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred
- Truckload (TL), less-than-truckload (LTL), van, flatbed, and refridgerated trailer experience required; to include knowledge in loading, unloading, and maintaining said equipment
- Experience in or ability to develop an understanding of Truckmate, PeopleNet and other industry-specific software