Company: TOTE Maritime Alaska
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: October 11, 2021
Company Description: TOTE companies love tradition, but we also explore the possibilities. It’s what we’re known for. Since setting sail as a one-ship company in 1975, TOTE Maritime Alaska has become the premier provider of ocean transportation service between the ports of Anchorage, Alaska and Tacoma, Washington. We operate a fleet of (RO/RO) cargo ships in addition to providing overland connections throughout greater Alaska, Canada and the Lower 48. We built our brand on talented people, smart investments, and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people, and our team is growing. Working at TOTE Maritime Alaska is about pursuit of excellence for our customers and respect for our Employees. We are always seeking people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We look for pride, integrity, grit, approachability and commitment. It’s important at TOTE Maritime Alaska to be able to work productively with others. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a great place to build one.
TOTE Maritime Alaska
Do you enjoy variety and things never being the same?
Are you detail oriented?
Are you a team player and self-driven?
Do you enjoy working with customers?
Do you enjoy doing data entry?
Are you proactive and enjoy multi-tasking?
If you answered yes to these questions, TOTE is looking for an Operations Specialist like YOU!
What does an Operations Specialist (Floater) do?
The Operations Specialist Floater position is responsible for providing support to the Customer Service Teams, handling customer relationships and providing excellent customer service by supervising and accommodating customer needs, creating and managing bookings, providing problem resolution, producing invoices and reports, pursuing and prioritizing cargo and coordinating equipment. This position will be accountable for learning all the job functions within all departments and for providing coverage while other team members are out of the office.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Build, assign and update trailer/vehicle bookings, Bills of Lading and Transport bookings.
- Support customers by answering questions, following cargo, and resolving issues.
- Coordinate hazardous shipments, answer questions regarding regulations and stipulations with confidence.
- Arrange logistics spots, trans-loads, deliveries, and pickups.
- Handles customer transactions including Documentation, Rating, Pre-Auditing, Invoicing and Problem Resolution. Develop an understanding of customer business models/processes for all accounts.
- Receive military cargo manifest, match up to individual TCN numbers, upload LOB reports, request changes in military BRT system as the need arises.
- Receiving and accountability for billable accessorial charges – including intrastate, fuel re-bills, maintenance, and other invoice requests. Process and review Detention, Storage and other Accessorial charges for accuracy and submit for billing.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Anticipate and resolve customer and vendor issues
- Build positive, mutual relationships through open and interactive communication
- Identify process improvements, and work with assigned team to improve and document procedures.
- Effectively perform additional tasks and projects as assigned by manager or supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree is preferred
- Four years of experience in the transportation industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be a great teammate and provide support to the department.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to anticipate and understand customer needs.
- Knowledge of state and federal bridge regulations
- Knowledge of trailing equipment
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Vaccinated for COVID 19 Preferred