Company: TOTE Maritime Alaska
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: October 1, 2021
Company Description: TOTE companies love tradition, but we also explore the possibilities. It’s what we’re known for. Since setting sail as a one-ship company in 1975, TOTE Maritime Alaska has become the premier provider of ocean transportation service between the ports of Anchorage, Alaska and Tacoma, Washington. We operate a fleet of (RO/RO) cargo ships in addition to providing overland connections throughout greater Alaska, Canada and the Lower 48. We built our brand on talented people, smart investments, and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people, and our team is growing. Working at TOTE Maritime Alaska is about pursuit of excellence for our customers and respect for our Employees. We are always seeking people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We look for pride, integrity, grit, approachability and commitment. It’s important at TOTE Maritime Alaska to be able to work productively with others. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a great place to build one.
TOTE Maritime Alaska
Beginning in 1975, TOTE Maritime Alaska is proud to be the leading oceangoing carrier for the Alaska trade, providing twice-weekly service between the ports of Tacoma and Anchorage. We understand the critical role we play in supplying Alaskans with the things they need. That’s why TOTE Maritime is committed to giving our all to provide safe, reliable service that stands above the rest.
We accomplish our mission through the innovative use of our assets and the highest quality workforce. Being an employee at TOTE Maritime Alaska is about pursuit of excellence for our customers and respect for each other. Everyone is an integral part of a team.
TOTE Maritime Alaska is part of the TOTE family of companies (www.toteinc.com).
This position provides clerical support for all Anchorage Teamsters positions operating under a clerical bargaining agreement in departments including but not limited to customer service, terminal operations, and sales.
- Train and qualify at multiple clerical positions
- Provide assistance to all Anchorage departments
- Other Duties
- Attach documents
- Run reports as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate.
- Pass the TOTE minimum threshold testing prior to accepting a job call from Local 959
- Clerical office experience or training preferred.
- Meet the federal training standards required for transportation workers within 90 days or as schedule allows
- Proof of COVID vaccination preferred
- Computer literate, with experience utilizing multiple software applications
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite
Other Essential Skills and Abilities
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Skilled at utilizing multiple resources.
- Ability to retain technical knowledge.
- Ability to perform with moderate stress or interruptions and adapt to change.
- Ability to follow procedure, checklists, and job instructions without direct observation.
- Good accounting skills.
- Ability to collaborate and cooperate with colleagues.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and take action.
- Moderate problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime/TOTE Maritime Alaska/AK About/careers/
Please provide typing, 10-key, Outlook, and Excel test scores. Tests may be taken at the Teamsters Local 959 Hiring Hall for those that register as members or at Anchorage Job Centers.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.