Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: October 2, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Excellent opportunity with growing air cargo company! Get in on ground floor of expanding department. Is primarily responsible for preparing critical flight briefing material, route analysis and many other tasks that help our operation stay safe and efficient. Position handles behind-the-scenes planning for domestic and international cargo charters such as scheduling and permitting. Ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, ability to ask questions and gather relevant information. Need to be comfortable using software to complete tasks. Must have relevant aviation experience. Any experience working with government regulations very helpful. See below for full position details.
Works within the Systems Operations Control Center (SOCC). Primarily responsible for preparing critical flight briefing material, route analysis and many other tasks that help our operation stay safe and efficient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned): Key Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with vendors to ensure proper ground equipment and needs are available for all flights.
2. Communicate with the customers regarding future operational requirements and schedule changes.
3. Work with Customers to coordinate future planned charters.
4. Obtain and track all over flight and landing permissions for airports serviced.
5. Update and maintain permits, route, airport, station communication databases.
6. Ensure all US customs paperwork and reports are current and up to date.
7. Manage future flight schedules and aircraft assignments while coordinating with maintenance for service checks.
8. Assure company flight paperwork is complete and stored according to FAA requirements.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• 1-3 Years of airline operations or management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Outstanding communication and analytical skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and make decisions based on all available facts.
• Must have working knowledge of computers, phones, and calculators.
• Must be able to work in a high paced environment.
• Must be able to function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
• Must be flexible, willing to work various hours/shifts including holidays, nights, weekends and on-call.
• Experience working with customs, foreign officials, or civil authorities preferred.
• Previous experience with over flight and landing permissions is preferred.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAC is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization — in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.