Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: October 7, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
Pay Rate: $16 - $23 per hour
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Coordinate, schedule, and maintain internal and external shipments and delivery schedules
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations
- Prepare reports and distribute to customers
- Effectively present information/respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
- Identify problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend to operations personnel
- Field incoming calls and emails, responding appropriately and timely to customer inquiries
- Enter orders received verbally and via fax/email into the computer system
- Attend planning and prioritization meetings with customers
- Work closely with operations (customer service, dispatcher, etc.) to facilitate requests
- Act as a liaison between operations and sales
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent required
- Two to four years administrative experience in multi-modal transportation related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Proficient in data entry
- Knowledge of industry specific software programs
- Ability to analyze and understand large volumes of shipping information
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, completes tasks on time or communicates alternate plans
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize the work day
- Must have excellent customer service skills and present Carlile in a professional manner
- Ability to take initiative and act independently while operating and reporting to a team of multidisciplinary stakeholders.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other office related devices. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.