Operational Excellence Lead
Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Other
Publish Date: March 6, 2019
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
The Operational Excellence Lead is to provide overall support for the Technology and Operational Excellence group ensuring the team is focused on successful results and excellent service for customers. This role is an integral member of the TOTE team assisting in developing strategic concepts, vision and tools. The Operational Excellence Lead will work closely and collaboratively with all TOTE companies as well as external parties where necessary. The role will also assist in the efforts to further develop the Continuous Improvement program across all TOTE teams.
To apply for this job please visit employer.careerbuilder.com.
- Work cross functionally with internal and external customers to build relationships, identify continuous improvement opportunities, resolve issues, and enhance communication.
- Work collaboratively with the TOTE executive team to identify, develop, and implement a continuous improvement approach & toolset that will improve operating and financial performance.
- Assist with deployment, to build Tote’s capability in Continuous Improvement by training employees in the understanding and deployment of Continuous Improvement methodology and practices.
- Participate in and support TOTE’s Continuous Improvement Steering Team in the development of company goals and execution of improvements initiatives.
- Assist and support strategic projects and processes across company to ensure customers’ expectations are being met.
- Create key metrics to track and promote departmental and company-wide success
- Develop and implement simple metrics that highlight the impact of continuous improvement at TOTE
- Work closely with TOTE Leadership to establish sustainable Continuous Improvement practices that empower employees, accelerate change, and enable personal and team development.
- Assist and support TOTE leadership as needed related to various initiatives and projects.
- Act as a role model within the organization; demonstrate a personal commitment to exceed customer expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adherence to the Integrated Management System that covers Quality, Environmental, and Safety (International Organization for Standardization) certifications.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years' experience working in transportation companies.
- Project Management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Energetic, positive presence along with top-notch written and verbal communication.
- Strong influencing and consensus building skills, with an ability to drive alignment amongst leaders and peers at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent partnering skills: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with internal and external customers and other stakeholders.