NSMV Project Communications and Data Coordinator
Company: TOTE Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Other
Publish Date: July 8, 2019
Company Description: Since 1975, TOTE Services has provided full technical management and partial management/ crewing services for nearly one-hundred vessels of various sizes and configurations. We know that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. Whether we’re hiring for a shoreside or seagoing position, we look for people who can help us provide the world’s best ship management, marine operations, and vessel services. TOTE Services strives to lead the industry in safety, quality, and operational excellence and the TOTE Services team is critical to our success. www.toteservices.com
TOTE Services has been awarded a contract by the Maritime Administration (MARAD) to manage construction of a new class of vessel – the National Security Multi-Mission Vessel (NSMV) – to provide training to sustain world-class maritime sea training for America’s future mariners and to support humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HA/DR) in times of need. These vessels will promote growth of our nation’s domestic maritime industry through the development of a next generation training fleet. In addition to being a state-of-the-art training and educational platform, the NSMV is a highly-functional national asset designed to fulfill numerous humanitarian and disaster relief roles.
This position supports the NSMV Program Manager and Contact Executive in the execution of the Vessel Construction Manager contract including the shipyard selection process. This position will report locally to the TOTE Services Jacksonville home office.
- Create and/or collect required documentation and backup for various contract deliverables
- Prepare and distribute reports to track project progress and contract compliance
- Schedule and facilitate periodic meetings between the company, the government, the shipyard, and other parties throughout project by creating meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and taking meeting minutes
- Serve as documentation liaison between the company, the government, the shipyard, and other parties throughout project
- Use a variety of resources such as legal regulations, contacts, and contracts, to research and present project solutions as needed
- Support the Program Manager with the Integrated Master Schedule to make sure that all meetings stay on track
- Coordinate and support non-shipyard subcontractors during vessel construction
- Ensure compliance with the security and safety requirements for project
- Performs other related duties as assigned that would otherwise be an administrative burden required from government personnel
- Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals
Limited supervision. Work is performed to a large extent on own responsibility after assignment, with some choice of method. Occasionally develops own method.
Mistakes and errors in judgment are serious in nature, causing considerable loss of money, production time, or adversely affecting customer relations.
Disclosure of Information Selections
This position involves regular work with some information which, if disclosed, might have adverse internal effect or objectionable outside results.
Financial Responsibility Selections
No authority to commit funds for the organization
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Comfort with working independently with limited supervision
- Technological Savvy – Proficient in Microsoft Suite (MS Project experience preferred)
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Shipyard Experience Preferred