NSMV – Communications Coordinator
Company: TOTE Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Communications
Publish Date: February 2, 2021
Company Description: Since 1975, TOTE Services has provided full technical management and partial management/ crewing services for nearly one-hundred vessels of various sizes and configurations. We know that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. Whether we’re hiring for a shoreside or seagoing position, we look for people who can help us provide the world’s best ship management, marine operations, and vessel services. TOTE Services strives to lead the industry in safety, quality, and operational excellence and the TOTE Services team is critical to our success. www.toteservices.com
TOTE Services is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Communications Coordinator under TOTE Service’s Vessel Construction Management (VCM) contract to build, outfit, and deploy up to five (5) National Security Multi-Mission Vessels (NSMV) for the U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD). This position will be in Philadelphia, PA at Philly Shipyard, Inc and will report directly to the TOTE Services NSMV Program Manager.
The Communications Coordinator will assist the TOTE Services team in achieving compliance with VCM contract deliverables, document management/distribution, subcontractor support, and the implementation and management of key communications processes and plans.
Overall, the position will help to ensure timely and proper submission of VCM contract deliverables and alignment of all plans, processes, and data handling in relation to the NSMV Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Coordinator will support the NSMV Team in all aspects of contract administration and communication amongst stakeholders. The primary duties of the Communications Coordinator will include:
- Receive, organize, and streamline all project communications to directly support required deliverable submissions for contract compliance.
- Management of the NSMV SharePoint site, to include document review, file management and organization, site access permissions control, etc.
- Ensure deadlines are met through strong communications between TOTE Services, our Subcontractors, and the U.S. Government.
- Provide superior record keeping and documentation to promote the retention and organization of program documents.
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings between key stakeholders. This may require the candidate to create meeting agendas, PowerPoint Presentations, and capture/distribute detailed meeting minutes.
- Serve as a liaison between TOTE Services, the U.S. Government, our Subcontracts, regulatory agencies, and other key stakeholders through both written and verbal communications.
- Capture monthly correspondence between regulatory and non-regulatory parties; this documentation will be presented in the form of exported data logs.
- Assist with coordinating and leading shipyard tours for visitors, subcontractors and U.S. Government officials.
- Uphold TOTE Services and Shipyard safety standards, as well as exemplify these standards when working with subcontractors and visitors onsite.
- Undertake other relevant duties and projects as appropriate to support the NSMV Program.
- Superior oral communication skills and exceptional written skills, with the ability to draft and edit a wide variety of materials for different stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and comprehend contract documents.
- Experience working on shipbuilding and/or ship repair projects preferred, but not required.
- Ability to multitask and occasionally work within critical time constraints
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision.
High school diploma or equivalent required.