National Account Executive
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Sales, Trucking
Publish Date: May 10, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for generating new business, maintaining an existing account base within an assigned territory, prospecting through cold/warm calls and meeting specific sales objectives related to revenue growth by following company sales policies and strategies as directed by the VP, Sales.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the customer's business, encouraging mutually beneficial partnerships with customers in order to maintain long-term successful relationships.
- Responsible for meeting annual revenue objectives.
- Execute business plan by identifying and developing new, profitable business while maintaining and servicing existing accounts.
- Actively promote E-commerce initiatives through multiple platforms.
- Effective use of CRM.
- Represent Carlile by attending various industry and community functions.
- Participates in contract negotiations and quote process with current and potential accounts.
- Solicit business from potential customers, by cold-calling and following up on sales leads.
- Daily administrative duties, including timely and accurate daily sales call reports, budget forecasts, and expense reports; maintain territory account listings and individual account profiles.
- Maintenance and growth of profitable LTL/TL volume.
- Identify, monitor and report market potential of customers.
- Report on developing market conditions, service issues and competitive activities to include pricing actions.
- Develop annual goals in support of Corporate and Sales Division objectives.
- Manage discretionary general & administrative spending levels within budget.
- Represent Carlile Transportation in a professional manner.
- Maintain open and effective communication with staff, managers, and customers alike; proactively mitigating issues and concerns at each level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, or a related field is required
- Five to seven years sales experience, with at least three years in transportation/trucking industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience with information technology focusing on database application i.e. enterprise system and CRM
- Valid driver’s license with own transportation.