NAS Service Desk Technician II
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: October 5, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
The Service Desk Technician II will apply proven communication, analytical, investigative, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in addition to in-depth technical knowledge to identify, analyze, communicate & resolve incidents, problems and service requests in a timely and accurate fashion. The Service Desk Technician will provide a single point of contact for users to receive support and maintenance while ensuring the secure, stable and efficient of IT services (computing, peripherals, mobile devices, applications, data and operating systems) so that end users can accomplish business tasks and maximize the benefit of IT service investments. Support efforts are realized through use of a wide variety of remote support tools, diagnostic systems, telephone, remote support & ITSM tools.
Receive, prioritize and respond to incoming calls, requests, and emails regarding IT incidents and requests.
· Accurately record, track, document and close every service desk incident, problem and request details and problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful actions taken through to final resolution.
· Perform onsite research, analysis, diagnosis, support, administration, remediation, escalation and resolution of complex IT incidents, problems and service requests for end users in a timely, customer focused and accurate fashion. Recommend and implement corrective solutions and process improvement as needed.
· Escalate, liaise, partner and directly participate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to troubleshoot maintain and support IT services when required.
· Escalate and collaborate problems (when required) to immediate members of service desk team, other ITS teams and other departments in the company to ensure efficient operation and timely resolution of IT services.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
· Installs and maintains structured network cabling and proximity access control systems.
· Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to desktops, laptops, including the installation of CPUs, cards, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, CD-ROMs, etc.
· Develop and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all computing equipment, software and peripheral devices including accurately documenting instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation and removal.
· Develop and maintain configuration items using ITSM solution.
· Research and apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Work and collaborate with ITS teams, Change Advisory Board members, and stakeholders to identify and resolve IT incidents in a timely and accurate manner.
· Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving business challenges and needs. Make recommendations.
· Assist in hardware & software releases and roll-outs according to Change & Release management best practices and policies.
· Perform installations and configurations of software, hardware, and peripherals on workstations.
· Ensure that all workstation deployed and maintained according to approved and standard configurations.
· Perform preventative maintenance, including inspection, repair and cleaning of desktop computing, printers and peripheral devices.
· Tests solutions to ensure incidents and problems have been adequately resolved.
· Perform end of shift incident, problem and request debriefing, status and knowledge transfer.
· Provides knowledge transfer and support for fellow IT staff on operation of IT services.
· Submits resolutions in knowledge management database.
· Manages SLAs to meet customer’s expectations.
· Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
High school graduate or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
· A+ Certification required.
· ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification required.
· Minimum of 1 year working as a Service Desk level or tier 1.
· Working knowledge of Windows environment, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy.
· Experience using Microsoft Office.
· Working knowledge of LAN/WAN theory, Active Directory, Exchange.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
· Ability to perform duties under limited supervision.
· Independent problem-solving ability is critical.
· Must be able to analyze and troubleshoot common computer problems and to learn new systems on the job.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to focus and concentrate on details under pressure.
· Demonstrated capability to follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical publications and periodicals.
· Ability to write procedures and technical documentation.
· Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to user requests in a concise manner.
· Physical demands include the ability to lift 50 pounds and maneuver in tight confined spaces.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, and to use hands and fingers for computer input.
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month, including some periods of high stress.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to lift 50 pounds and maneuver in tight confined spaces. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, and to use hands and fingers for computer input.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.