NAS Senior Accountant
Company: Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: August 21, 2019
Company Description: Headquartered at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Anchorage, Alaska, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of six operating companies — Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services, StratAir and NAS Contract Services. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate a high level safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service, while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve. NAS Contract Services provides best-in-class aviation logistic expertise and support services including logistical support to oilfield and other industrial projects, charter aircraft services, terminal management and transient aircraft services.
Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
>The NAS Senior Accountant will assist the company in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial information. Senior Accountants may also be asked to act in a lead role with the General Accounting team. </p>
• Performs general accounting functions including the following:
• Prepare a variety of closing journal entries for monthly financial statements. • Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
• Maintains fixed assets in the ERP system.
• Prepare financial reports as needed.
• Assist with capital spending tracking and reporting.
• Performs more complex accounting functions including the following:
• Prepare the most complex journal entries for monthly financial statements. • Provide annual planning assistance to management and staff.
• Prepare year-end tax schedules.
• Prepare state and local tax reports which could include sales and use, property, Hawaii GET and unclaimed property.
• Provide accounting guidance to management and staff as requested.
To apply for this job please visit rew31.ultipro.com.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required.
• Five years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPA or CMA certificate is desireable.
• Knowledge of corporate accounting processes.
• Excellent accounting skills including knowldege of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting Standards and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the origanization.
• Local, state and federal tax experience preferred. • Proven ability to apply analytical skills to problem solving.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently.
• Ability to mentor/train General Accountants. • Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.