NAS Senior Accountant
Company: Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: June 10, 2019
Company Description: Headquartered at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Anchorage, Alaska, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of six operating companies — Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services, StratAir and NAS Contract Services. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate a high level safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service, while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve. NAS Contract Services provides best-in-class aviation logistic expertise and support services including logistical support to oilfield and other industrial projects, charter aircraft services, terminal management and transient aircraft services.
Pay Rate: DOE
Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Excellent opportunity with growing company! Be part of a great team in a dynamic environment. Looking for experienced, degreed accountant.
The NAS Senior Accountant will assist the company in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial information. Senior Accountants may also be asked to act in a lead role with the General Accounting team.
To apply for this job please visit rew31.ultipro.com.
Performs general accounting functions including the following:
- Prepare a variety of closing journal entries for monthly financial statements.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintains fixed assets in the ERP system.
- Prepare financial reports as needed.
- Assist with capital spending tracking and reporting.
- Performs more complex accounting functions including the following:
- Prepare the most complex journal entries for monthly financial statements.
- Provide annual planning assistance to management and staff.
- Prepare year-end tax schedules.
- Prepare state and local tax reports which could include sales and use, property, Hawaii GET and unclaimed property.
- Provide accounting guidance to management and staff as requested.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required.
- Five years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPA or CMA certificate is desirable.
- Knowledge of corporate accounting processes.
- Excellent accounting skills including knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting Standards and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Local, state and federal tax experience preferred
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.