NAS Publications Specialist II
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Other
Publish Date: October 9, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
Great opportunity with dynamic air cargo company! If you have strong writing and editing skills, keep reading!
Publications Specialist II provides support to the Publication Services group for Northern Aviation Services, LLC (NAS) as well as NAS Operating Companies (OpCos).
Northern Aviation Services is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Saltchuk family of companies, providing a range of aviation related support services primarily in North America with revenues of over $220 million. Through our operating brands, Northern Air Cargo, Aloha Air Cargo, and StratAir we collectively transport over 250 million pounds of freight annually via our scheduled cargo service in Alaska and Hawaii and on-demand charters throughout North and South America. Other services include third party aircraft maintenance (Northern Air Maintenance Services and Aloha Tech Ops), management services and consulting expertise, aviation support services for large-scale industrial projects, and scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. Our over 1,000 employees are committed to providing safe and reliable service for our valued customers which include most major freight companies and air cargo integrators in the markets we serve.
- Communicate with process owners and subject matter experts regarding documentation best practices.
- Communicate with process owners and subject matter experts to produce current publications observing department standards.
- Represent the PubServices department in meetings with subject matter experts, as occasionally required.
- Prioritize and manage daily tasks including revisions, bulletins, operations specifications, etc.
- Ensure department documentation standards are met. (peer review)
- Submit revisions of company manuals to the FAA for approval and acceptance.
- Issue revisions to all manual holders in paper or electronic form as required.
- Track manual currency and revision acknowledgement.
- Update company manuals required on each aircraft and in the Publication Services libraries.
- Maintain vendor manuals, including tracking and entering revision service.
- For various information systems e.g., operations specifications, company libraries, vendor manuals:
· Execute audit plans and schedules.
- Edit documents provided by SMEs to ensure grammar is correct and meaning is clear while preserving content.
- Manage special projects from inception to completion with minimal assistance.
- Maintain the publications database.
- Maintain a knowledge base including regulations, guidance, FAA data collection tools, etc.
- Provide training to Publication Specialists I, Assistants and others.
- Maintain the corporate policies and procedures process.
- Review department systems and processes for continuous improvement.
- Research and document software and systems for continuous improvement.
- Research and document equipment and materials.
- Review and reconcile customer interfaces.
- Maintain electronic file access, i.e. SharePoint, AirWatch, Ops Specs.
- Complete work in an established timeframe with minimal corrected errors.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field; closely related work experience may substitute for education.
- Requires minimum 18 months experience working with technical publications.
- Experience editing and proofing large, complex documents.
- Experience working independently with limited supervision and producing quality work product.
- Experience working with operational regulations and guidance.
- Experience in the aviation industry a plus.
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced critical thinking skills.
- High degree of organization.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and proof reading.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgement when interacting with SMEs and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute new processes.
- Competency in desktop and publishing applications including the following:
o Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
o Adobe Acrobat Professional.
o Adobe FrameMaker a plus.
- Must be able to pass drug test and criminal background check.
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work requires normal physical effort.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see or hear.
- Manual dexterity is required for computer input.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.