NAS Publication Specialist
Company: Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: November 20, 2018
Company Description: Headquartered at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Anchorage, Alaska, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of six operating companies — Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services, StratAir and NAS Contract Services. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate a high level safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service, while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve. NAS Contract Services provides best-in-class aviation logistic expertise and support services including logistical support to oilfield and other industrial projects, charter aircraft services, terminal management and transient aircraft services.
Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
The Publications Specialist provides support to the Publication Services group for Northern Aviation Services, Inc. (NAS) as well as NAS Operating Companies (OpCos).
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicating directly with subject matter experts to produce current publications observing department standards.
• Submitting revisions of company manuals to the FAA for acceptance or approval.
• Issuing revisions to all manual holders in paper or electronic form as required.
• Tracking manual currency and revision acknowledgement.
• Updating company manuals required on each aircraft and in the Publication Services libraries.
• Maintaining vendor manuals, including tracking and entering revision service.
• Conducting audits of various information systems e.g., operations specifications, company libraries, vendor manuals.
• Maintaining the publications database.
• Editing text and manipulating images.
• Proof reading documents.
• Placing graphics into documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience editing and proofing large and complex documents. Experience working independently with limited supervision.
5 years of college education and/or work experience, with an emphasis on technical communication, journalism, or technical writing.
Other Essential Skills and Abilities:
• High degree of organization.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and proof reading.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Competency in desktop and publishing applications including the following:
o Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
o Adobe Acrobat Professional.
o Adobe FrameMaker a plus.
• Experience in the aviation industry a plus.