NAS Managing Director, Business Intelligence
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: August 5, 2019
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Pay Rate: DOE
Northern Aviation Services
Managing Director, Business Intelligence serves as Managing Director for Northern Aviation Services, Inc. (NAS) as well as NAS Operating Companies (OpCos), as appointed by the NAS President &CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements solutions to support the analysis of current operations, support effective decision making, and evaluate new opportunities using all available data and analytical tools.
• Drives new processes, as well as being responsible for introducing enhancements to existing processes or programs to support the functional infrastructure and efficient financial operations.
• Works closely with OpCos to understand Business Intelligence needs, develop appropriate solutions and evaluate new business opportunities.
• Develops management reporting and KPIs for NAS and OpCos to effectively monitor the performance of the business.
• Leads the budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning process and development of the budgets for NAS and OpCos.
• Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the FP&A Team.
• Supervises staff and allocates resources among projects based on priority.
• Coordinates NAS-wide continuous improvement (ie, LEAN) processes.
• Participates as member of senior level management team for NAS and OpCos.
• Coordinates with Saltchuk and/or its Senior Financial Analyst on Capital Allocation Requests, regular financial reporting requirements, and other requests for information.
• Responsible for NAS Business Intelligence departmental budgeting.
Experience as a Financial Analyst or similar position, including prior experience with financial modeling, development and distribution of management reporting, and evaluation of new business opportunities.
Experience managing a department and leading a team remotely.
Experience in Aviation industry a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a four year degree and experience that insure that the candidate has the necessary computational, mathematical and analytical skills.
Other Essential Skills and Abilities:
Effective leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate with a wide variety of audiences including senior level managers, company-wide peers, subordinates and others.
Ability to give presentations to small and large audiences and communicate financial results and financial strategies in a clear and simple manner.
Ability to apply complex mathematical and statistical concepts to analyze problems or situations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present analysis and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must be able to pass a pre employment drug test, a 5-year background check and a 10-year criminal records check.
The work is classified as “light” with regards to the physical demands.
Lifting requirements: Heavy boxes weighing 25 pounds, light office supplies, stacks of paper and computer printouts. Carts may be pushed loaded with office supplies and/or computer printouts that may weigh 10 to 15 pounds. Pulling will be required such as paper trays in copy machines, and file drawers.
Climbing may be required up and down low step ladders, stooping is necessary for inspections or low file drawers and/or to retrieve supplies from the floor or under desks, kneeling and crouching may be required for various tasks.
Reaching to the top of file cabinets or shelves is required; materials handled will consist of general office supplies and copy machine toner and ink. Fingering is required for pages in books, computer print outs, documents to be filed, keyboards on computers, typewriters, calculators, copy machines, fax machines and telephones.
Talking may be required at least 75% of the day; use of talking on the phone at least 50% of the day. Reciprocal communication is required. Good vision is required to process reports, data input, read correspondence and proof read documents and letters being sent out. Good hearing is required to communicate on the phone, conduct training and while attending meetings.
May be exposed to adverse weather conditions, fumes, wet surfaces and icy conditions.
A high degree of language skills are required for this position. College levels are preferred. This is a skilled position.
NAS is part of Saltchuk Resources, which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization -- in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work. To learn more about either Saltchuk or Northern Aviation Services, please visit www.saltchuk.com or naservices.aero.
Equal Opportunity Employer