NAS Internal Control & Workflow Process Manager
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: September 1, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
The Internal Controls & Workflow Process Manager will be responsible for developing, coordinating and executing controls compliance and workflow related programs and activities, including training initiatives across the organization.
From a cultural standpoint, the successful candidate will stay close to the business and will be a collaborative team player who builds strong relationships across functional lines and thrives on adding value. Should be a self-starter with experience understanding business drivers. S/he will have highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
Northern Aviation Services is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Saltchuk family of companies, providing a range of aviation related support services primarily in North America with revenues of over $220 million. Through our operating brands, Northern Air Cargo, Aloha Air Cargo, and StratAir we collectively transport over 250 million pounds of freight annually via our scheduled cargo service in Alaska and Hawaii and on-demand charters throughout North and South America. Other services include third party aircraft maintenance, management services and consulting expertise, aviation support services for large-scale industrial projects, and scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. Our over 1,000 employees are committed to providing safe and reliable service for our valued customers which include most major freight companies and air cargo integrators in the markets we serve.
· Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting processes, financial & inventory controls and compliance procedures & controls
· Documents processes, workflows, and policies as needed
· Manage / implement policies and procedures designed to increase organizational efficiencies and maintain financial Internal Controls including standardization and adoption of best practices
· Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets and recommends improvements as necessary.
· Serves as liaison for and manages the internal audit process, schedule, and execution.
· Conducts finance audits periodically and recommends improvements
· Drive project management activities associated with controls compliance and GAAP reporting standards on various projects as directed
· Recommends employee training and modifications to procedures as needed.
· Maintains appropriate industry expertise and technical knowledge
· Proactively promote the highest standards of ethics and standards based on the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality
· Additional duties as requested, directed or assigned
· This position will work closely with the finance team and report to the controller
· Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent work experience
· Extensive experience managing and driving initiatives to successful completion within an accounting/finance group in a large company
· Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting (FI) and Managerial / Cost Accounting (CO) processes and best practices
· Outstanding people and communication skills – interaction with company Leadership Team on a regular basis – clear communication, tactfully holding people accountable
· Excellent Information and Business Systems knowledge
· Proficient in financial processes (PTP, OTC, RTR)
· Understanding of industry regulatory environment
· Advanced skills in MS Office and Financial / Accounting software
· Be organized, self-motivated and driven employee, comfortable with communicating problems or concerns.
· Excellent written and communications skills
MMMust be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month, including some periods of high stress.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.