NAS Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Senior Analyst
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: July 13, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
The FP&A Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting analysis of company financial and operating performance through review of financial data and KPIs. The FP&A Senior Analyst will be involved in quarterly/annual planning, preparing results, internal reporting and project support.
From a cultural standpoint, the successful candidate will stay close to the business and will be a collaborative team player who builds strong relationships across functional lines and thrives on adding value. Should be a self-starter with experience understanding business drivers. S/he will have highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
Northern Aviation Services is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Saltchuk family of companies, providing a range of aviation related support services primarily in North America with revenues of over $220 million. Through our operating brands, Northern Air Cargo, Aloha Air Cargo, and StratAir we collectively transport over 250 million pounds of freight annually via our scheduled cargo service in Alaska and Hawaii and on-demand charters throughout North and South America. Other services include third party aircraft maintenance, management services and consulting expertise, aviation support services for large-scale industrial projects, and scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. Our over 1,000 employees are committed to providing safe and reliable service for our valued customers which include most major freight companies and air cargo integrators in the markets we serve.
· Support monthly closing, reporting and analysis of financial results and operating metrics; includes review of underlying data to ensure accuracy and integrity of information presented.
· Explain variances vs. budget/forecast to senior management and business partners.
· Summarize and consolidate business unit and department level financial and operating data
· Participate in creating monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages.
· Support annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes
· Perform ROI / NPV analysis on business cases
· Utilize SAP and Business Objects to develop value-added reporting tools; enhance current reporting and create efficiencies in reporting.
· Collaborate with P&L and cost center managers to ensure good financial decision-making and partnership.
· Assist in projects requiring interaction with Vice Presidents, Directors and other managers across the company.
· Partner with Senior Management to provide strategic options to support decision making.
· Understand financial operations of the business and educate others inside and outside the Finance/Accounting group about the financial performance of their respective area.
· Focus on key performance indicators and/or ongoing process improvement opportunities.
· Review and analyze all capital spending projects; plan and monitor capital spending.
· Lead ad-hoc analytical projects and strategic initiatives.
· Continuous critical review and evaluation of departmental processes to streamline and automate.
· Any other tasks and projects as required
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or a related field; MBA desirable; strong Accounting experience and understanding
· 3-5 years of relevant experience in FP&A or related field; experience in Aviation / Transportation industry or Strategy consulting is a plus
· Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required; knowledge of VBA is a plus
· Strong and meticulous analytical and strategic thinking skills
· Collaborative team player, strong relationship-building, and active partnership with cross-functional teams
· Self-starter able to work independently and effectively with manager and colleagues in different locations; high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
· Hands-on/roll-up-your-sleeves approach, working with the team to produce high quality work products; we are a detail-oriented organization and will drill to invoice-level data when needed
· Meet all deadlines/deliverables; we are a fast-paced environment with strict timetables to ensure we complete all assigned work
· Outstanding verbal/written communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills are required
· Ability to build and maintain internal customer relationships; works well with others, collaborative and cooperative
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month, including some periods of high stress.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.