NAS Finance Systems Support Manager
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: February 21, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
Excellent opportunity for someone with strong SAP skills who enjoys interdepartmental collaboration. If you like building well-functioning systems to meet business needs, this is an ideal position. Join high-energy team focused on delivering results. Position is located at corporate headquarters of growing cargo airline. Part of the Saltchuk family of companies.
The Finance Systems Support Manager is responsible for providing support to the Finance organization in terms of the business systems used by Finance; as well as reporting automation and Finance process updates with the purpose of making the close process and reporting more efficient with the optimal utilization of such tools.
The successful candidate will stay close to the Business and the Finance and Accounting and Information Technology Team members and will be a collaborative team player who builds strong relationships across functional lines and thrives on adding value.
- Manages financial information systems; responsible for maintaining the proper reporting hierarchy and reporting standards; is the custodian for user access; etc.
- Acts as a liaison among Accounting, Finance, IT teams ensuring there is alignment among all parties
- In Collaboration with the IT team, ensures tools/systems are working properly and optimally
- With guidance from the CFO and FP&A Director provides support to SAP, Jetstream Revenue Accounting, Business Objects and/or any other relevant systems/tools
- Works closely with all field locations to ensure standardization of reports, automation, implementation of budgeting and forecasting standards and accuracy of data and reports
- Support of monthly data submission for all Business Units and Segments for all Management Reports
- Approves user access change requests for Systems under their responsibility
- Develop or look for procedures using or deploying systems that could reduce time and improve job functions
- Support the development and execution of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, focusing on underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics, and sensitivity analysis.
- Develop reports for forecasting and monthly financial results analysis, including presentation of financials to senior management.
- Collaborate with P&L and cost center managers to ensure they have the appropriate tools, systems and access to facilitate sound financial decision-making.
- Partner with Senior Management to provide strategic options to support decision making.
- Utilize SAP, JetStream and Business Objects to develop value-added reporting tools.
- Lead ad-hoc analytical projects and strategic initiatives.
- Continuous critical review and evaluation of departmental processes in an effort to streamline and automate.
- Any other tasks and projects as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, Statistics or a related field; strong Accounting experience and understanding
- Minimum five years financial/accounting experience, experience in Aviation / Transportation industry is a plus
- Substantial experience with enterprise reporting and planning applications SAP preferred
- Collaborative team player, strong relationship-building, and active partnership with cross-functional teams
- Hands-on/roll-up-your-sleeves approach, working with the team to produce high quality work products; we are a detail-oriented organization and will drill to invoice-level data when needed
- Meet all deadlines/deliverables; we are a fast-paced environment with strict timetables to ensure we complete all assigned work
- Ability to build and maintain internal customer relationships; works well with others, collaborative and cooperative
- Self-starter with ability to work independently; high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to organize, direct and administer activities from centralized locations.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills essential
- Willingness to travel as required
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAS is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization -- in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work. To learn more about either NAS or Saltchuk, please visit or .
Equal Opportunity Employer