NAS Chief Financial Officer
Company: Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Leadership
Publish Date: May 10, 2019
Company Description: Headquartered at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Anchorage, Alaska, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of six operating companies — Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services, StratAir and NAS Contract Services. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate a high level safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service, while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve. NAS Contract Services provides best-in-class aviation logistic expertise and support services including logistical support to oilfield and other industrial projects, charter aircraft services, terminal management and transient aircraft services.
Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
As a key member of the Executive team for Northern Aviation Services and its three Operating Companies, Aloha Air Cargo, Northern Air Cargo and StratAir (Op Cos), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has a strategic role and responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This position reports to the President/CEO and includes direct responsibility for the finance and planning organization, including accounting, finance, budgeting and forecasting, local treasury activity management and capital spending analysis. In addition, the CFO is charged with developing financial and operational metrics that drive business performance, and being a primary advocate for and leader of continuous improvement. Principal accountabilities are:
Strategy, Planning and Management:
• Partner with the President, COO and senior leadership team on strategic, financial and operational issues; provide recommendations based on analysis and projections.
• With President, create materials for and facilitate the weekly business leadership meeting, which is the way we run the business and hold each other accountable
• Lead the annual planning process for the business
• Key leader driving periodic strategic plans.
• Serve as corporate treasurer.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Assess and evaluate the organization on financial, operational KPIs and cash flow metrics. With business leaders, identify continuous improvement opportunities and track improvement targets.
• Performance: Prepare, for use by operating company leaders, monthly financial reports including profit and loss, forecast vs budget and key variances. Also develop and report on a total company view, including cash flow.
• Capital investments: with senior company leaders, build the business case for specific capital investments. Create financial models to evaluate alternatives. Develop recommendations. Experienced with valuation concepts including discounted cash flow, NPV, etc. Work collaboratively with parent company on capital approval process.
• Forecasting: utilize forward looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial projections for the organization’s operating performance versus budget.
• Evaluate the impact of new programs, investments, strategies and regulatory action.
• Active collaboration with P&L owners to analyze business issues, develop and track KPIs
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations:
• Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to ensure accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and board of directors
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners
• Work cooperatively with Managing Director, Employee Services for budgeting of wages and employee benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
Executive level administrative and financial experience, including prior experience with financial and administrative controls across intra-company and inter-company platforms, including ensuring compliance with regulatory and/or contractual requirements. Experience in the aviation industry is highly preferred. A minimum of ten years’ experience in all phases of financial management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred, CPA, or CMA is highly desirable.
Essential Skills and Background:
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
• Aviation background and experience highly valued.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
• Must be able to pass a pre employment drug test, a 5-year background check and a 10-year criminal records check.
• Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
• PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel/Word is required.