NAMS Passenger Screening Agent
Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Ground Operations
Publish Date: February 6, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
The Passenger Screening Agent is responsible for providing passenger and baggage screening for all ConocoPhillips flights departing from Deadhorse, AK. The Passenger Screening Agent must provide helpful and friendly customer service to passengers, and also provide security and protection of air travelers, airports, and aircraft in a courteous and professional manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Screen all passengers and their accessible property as per ConocoPhillips security program.
• Operate screening equipment to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo, and on passengers; and prevent those objects from being transported onto ConocoPhillips aircraft.
• Perform searches to include hand wands and pat down searches.
• Control boarding.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively between central reservations, the ticket counter, operations, flight crew and flight attendants.
• Sort baggage using baggage carts and baggage tugs.
• Assist Passenger Ramp Agents as needed.
• Must be able to maintain all screening locations as secured where screening is performed.
• Cleans the facilities when needed including all common areas, restrooms, break rooms, etc.
• Operate as Ground Security Coordinator when assigned.
• Must maintain focus and awareness while working in a high noise, stressful environment.
• Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
• Must have valid drivers license.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High School Diploma or general education degree.
• Must be able to pass initial security tests and recurrent testing as required.
• Must be highly organized and be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
• Must have computer skills including Microsoft Word, Office and Excel.
• Experience in the aviation industry preferred.
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• Previous security experience recommended.
• Previous slope experience recommended.
• Must be able to work unsupervised.
• Work shifts are generally 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
• 12 hour days are not guaranteed.
• Must be flexible on work shifts and schedules.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Travel between Anchorage and Deadhorse is provided.
• Room and board is provided in Deadhorse.
• Must be able to pass North Slope Training Cooperative training
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.