Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mechanic
Publish Date: September 7, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
- Perform preventive maintenance, inspections, servicing and repairs of GSE vehicles and equipment including line trucks and vans, AC and DC generator sets, portable heaters, push back tugs, baggage tugs, belt loaders, compressors, de-icer trucks, box vans, forklifts, maintenance/stair stands and other miscellaneous equipment used in the support of aircraft.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems using schematics, wiring diagrams, test equipment and proper hand tools as necessary.
- Gasoline and diesel engine diagnosis and repair as necessary.
- Operate a wide variety of equipment including snow removal equipment, man lifts and forklifts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular attendance is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of hands on experience required; trade or technical school may be substituted for a portion of hands on experience.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in electrical, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Be able to interpret schematics and troubleshooting charts.
- Must own all tools necessary to complete maintenance actions listed above.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clear driving record. CDL helpful, but not required.
- The employee may be required to travel on company business to support the NAMS station network and there may be minimal notification before travel.
- Experience with diesel and gas heaters, Global deicer trucks, forklifts, cargo loaders, auto body repair and stick or MIG welding experience a plus.
- Welding certification helpful but not required.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Communicate verbally and in writing with company and customer personnel.
- Gather information from ticketing system and users regarding equipment issues.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Draft routine correspondence and basic maintenance reports.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Work is performed in a shop, maintenance hangar or outdoor ramp setting.
- The employee is frequently required to work outside in all temperatures, including heat and cold for extended lengths of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or tools.
- The employee is also frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance on ladders; stoop, kneel and crouch while performing the duties of this job.
- The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- The employee is required to see, hear and speak.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.