NAMS Designated Inspector
Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: February 14, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Designated Inspectors are responsible for performing preliminary, hidden-damage, in-process, and final inspections on civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers’ instructions for continued airworthiness, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
Designated Inspectors are specifically responsible for:
• Ensuring that they are thoroughly familiar with the inspection methods, techniques, aids, tools and equipment used within their assigned area of responsibility.
• Maintaining proficiency in using the inspection aids in their assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensuring that tools and equipment, including inspection aids, used to perform inspections are in proper working order and the appropriate calibration information is affixed.
• Understanding the current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations, and procedures established by the manufacturer of the article(s) being inspected.
• Ensuring all inspections are properly performed and recorded, and all records are properly executed before final approval for return to service of articles maintained or altered by this repair station.
• Ensuring and checking all paperwork associated with completed work orders for accuracy and completeness per the Northern Air Maintenance Services Repair Station Manual, prior to forwarding to Records.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Chief Inspector.
• Possess a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Valid Drivers License
• Possess a current and valid Airman Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
• Understands, reads and writes the English Language.
• Has the appropriate experience as evidenced by employment history, training or certification to perform in the position assigned.
• Has at least two years of Boeing 737 experience.
• Is thoroughly familiar with the applicable 14 CFR Federal Aviation Regulations pertinent to Part 145.
• Has experience with the industry inspection methods, techniques, practices aids, equipment and tools used for determining the airworthiness of aviation articles for returning those articles back to service.
• Has an understanding of inspection tolerances, limitations and procedures established by manufacturers.
• Has practical experience interpreting Airworthiness Directives and Manufacturer Service Bulletin compliance instructions.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
Northern Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.