NAMS Aircraft Mechanic
Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: September 1, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Responsible for all assigned maintenance duties in accordance with company and customer maintenance manuals, manufacturers maintenance manuals, and Service Bulletins, Company, and Customer policies and procedures, and applicable FAA regulations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform periodic aircraft overnight checks, service checks, aircraft line maintenance, servicing, and dispatch.
- Overhaul, repair, disassemble, assemble, and general maintenance of aircraft and aircraft components.
- Notify the General Manager and/or RII Mechanic whenever inspection is required before completion of an assigned task.
- Sign for and be held accountable for all work accomplished on company and customer aircraft and components.
- Perform the duties of Flight Mechanic when scheduled.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must possess valid Airman Certificate with Airframe & Powerplant ratings.
- A moderate degree of reasoning, math skills, and language skills are required for this position. High School levels are sufficient for all areas.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with coworkers and customers.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of TRAX a plus.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
- Must have a valid Passport or obtain one within the first 6 Months of employment.
- Occasional in/out of country travel will be required.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals in order to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work is classified as “heavy” with regards to the physical demands.
- Lifting/carrying requirements: Up to 70 pounds occasionally. Repetitions will vary with projects.
- Climbing: Ability to climb and stand on ladders for up to 2 hours at a time while performing aircraft maintenance.
- Reaching: Full range of motion may be required to perform the essential functions of this position
- Standing/Walking: 75% of the day. Concrete floor in Hangar and paved ramp. Surfaces can be wet and icy.
- Pushing/Pulling: Up to 100 pounds; Moving tools and equipment.
- Crawling: Moderate amount of crawling required.
- Repetitive Bending/Twisting: Moderate.
- Talking: Talking is required throughout the day, communication with customers and co-workers will be required.
- Vision: Good vision is required to perform all tasks.
- Hearing: Good hearing is required for effective and safe communication with co-workers.
- Environmental: Exposure to high noise levels, moving aircraft and equipment, dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, exposure to hazardous materials, exhaust fumes, working in confined spaces for extended periods, and work outside in the harsh winter conditions up to 2 hours at a time while performing aircraft maintenance. Use of personal protective equipment including respirators maybe required
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.