NAMS Aircraft Mechanic
Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mechanic
Publish Date: June 18, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Pay Rate: DOE
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
The NAMS Aircraft Mechanic duties include performing line maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled discrepancies, inspections, repairs, aircraft deicing, aircraft wash, and general ramp service to ensure safe, compliant, reliable, and efficient passenger service for customer aircraft.
To apply for this job please visit rew31.ultipro.com.
- Be proactive in maintaining highly professional appearance of all areas including hangar, ramp, and equipment.
- All work will be performed in accordance with FAR’s, 145 Repair Station regulations as well as company and customer policies, procedures and manuals.
- NAMS Aircraft Mechanics report to the Maintenance Foreman. Will be required to perform the duties of flight mechanic when scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- FAA Airframe & Power Plant Certificates required.
- 737NG experience preferred.
- Avionics or sheet metal experience is a plus.
- Must have ability to move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record for past the five years.
- Regular attendance and shift work will be required.
- Occasional travel due to training or aircraft repair may be required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.