NAC Station Manager
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management
Publish Date: May 10, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Directs and coordinates business activities at the Bethel station to exceed customer’s needs and ensure the safe and secure handling of all freight. Assists with stations training and cargo services issues at other out-stations as needed. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Performs the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Oversight of the Bethel Customer Service, and Cargo Services operations.
- These areas include the following operational processes; safety, customer service, claims, backhaul, warehouse, ramp, build-up, mail, flight operations, budgets, and customer relations.
- Maintains and improves the level of service provided to the customers.
- Responsible for the administration and supervision of training for all cargo services personnel in the station.
- Provides customer service through customer contact including providing general and specific information and resolution of specific and general customer problems.
- Ensures all Federal, State and Postal rules and regulations are followed.
- Responsible for all cargo services equipment and supplies in the station.
- Responsible for departmental budget. Provide input on budget preparation. Manage business in accordance with budget goals.
- Responsible oversight for claims prevention program.>
- Able to represent NAC’s interests in the community at local civic events and participation in community organizations as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Manages through subordinates all personnel, equipment, safety, and operational considerations in the Bethel station.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, subordinates or other employees, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have an extensive working knowledge of all operations in the station.