NAC SOCC Operations Planner
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Flight Operations
Publish Date: November 14, 2018
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
POSITION DESCRIPTION (One paragraph basic position summary)
Works with in the Systems Operations Control Center (SOCC). Is primarily responsible for preparing critical flight briefing material, route analysis and many other tasks that help our operation stay safe and efficient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Coordinate with vendors to ensure proper ground equipment and needs are available for all flights.
2. Communicate with the customers regarding future operational requirements and schedule changes.
3. Work with Customers to coordinate future planned charters.
4. Obtain and track all over flight and landing permissions for airports serviced.
5. Update and maintain permits, route, airport, station communication databases.
6. Ensure all US customs paperwork and reports are current and up to date.
7. Manage future flight schedules and aircraft assignments while coordinating with maintenance for service checks.
8. Assure company flight paperwork is complete and stored according to FAA requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• 1-3 Years of airline operations or management experience.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Outstanding communication and analytical skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and make decisions based on all available facts.
• Must have working knowledge of computers, phones, and calculators.
• Must be able to work in a high paced environment.
• Must be able to function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
• Must be flexible, willing to work various hours/shifts including holidays, nights, weekends and on-call.
• Experience working with customs, foreign officials, or civil authorities preferred.
• Previous experience with over flight and landing permissions is preferred.