NAC SOCC Duty Officer
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Flight Operations
Publish Date: November 14, 2018
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Works with in the Systems Operations Control Center (SOCC) and is responsible for managing the NAC operation within 72 hours. Is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the Flight Control Agents, Crew Schedulers, Operations Planners and Maintenance Controllers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Coordinate with customers to ensure proper commercial prioritization of customer needs and contractual obligations are met.
2. Communicate with the customers regarding the operational requirements, schedule changes and delays within 72 hours.
3. Work with Customers to coordinate charters, flag stops, ACMI agreements and other immediate needs.
4. Assure safe operation of all flights.
5. Will manage and direct resources during irregular operations to effect recovery of the schedule for the customers.
6. Work with all customers and or sub-service contractors to establish schedule contingencies during unexpected schedule disruptions.
7. Manage daily operations meetings and information flow in and out of the SOCC.
8. Will track and code delays and incidents regarding flights to compile data for KPIs.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• 5 Years of aviation and logistics experience in a leadership role, preferably as a flight follower, crew scheduler, maintenance controller or lead mechanic, load master, cargo service or operations planning.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED; three years minimum with five years preferred airline operations experience, or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
• Ability to effectively write business reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information both orally and written to groups of other managers or subordinates as well as to customers and the general public.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and make decisions based on all available facts.
• Must have a working knowledge of aircraft operations, airline regulations, airfreight operations, airport operations, and customer service operations.
• Must have working knowledge of computers, phones, and calculators.
• Must be able to work in a high paced environment.
• Must be able to function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
• Must be flexible, willing to work various hours/shifts including holidays, nights, weekends and on-call.