Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: January 8, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Receptionist provides front desk reception and general administrative support to the Cargo Services department by performing the following duties:
• Receives customers at front desk and ensure security and safety compliance.
• Receives incoming phone calls from customers.
• Assist in ensuring all public and department spaces are safe, well-stocked, presentable, and professional.
• Order office and kitchen supplies and provide inventory control for department.
• Provide back-up as needed to other administrative staff.
• Collaborate and train with other administrative assistants at NAS, assist in developing improvements, and provide NAS program support.
• Provide general administrative support, data entry, and special project or event assistance to primarily to Cargo Services department and other departments as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• A minimum of one year administrative experience or a combination of related experience and education preferred.
• Associate’s degree preferred.
• Excellent grammar and spelling skills are required. Must have strong verbal, written and communication skills. Must possess the ability to format and compose business correspondence.
• Good knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience with common office equipment (fax machine, copier, color printer).
• Illustrator experience desirable.
• Must possess a mastery of administrative office skills with the ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, manage time appropriately, demonstrate a high level or organizational skills and work well under pressure.
• Must exercise initiative and judgment, with the ability to make mature decisions within a scope of assigned authority.
• Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.