NAC Miami Station Manager
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management, Operations
Publish Date: August 6, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Serves the company by managing the station and ongoing operations to ensure all aircraft movements, ground movements, ramp handling, loading/unloading of aircraft and cargo handling meet all company and governmental requirements and safety regulations. Provide high level of superior service to all customers of all business units while controlling costs related to station operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for maintaining, supporting and improving the overall station operation to support all business units of the company.
• Responsible for station compliance of all safety regulations and requirements pertaining to the station, aircraft, facilities, equipment and personnel.
• Responsible for achieving all ground operations and corporate goals as related to performance, safety, service, and regulatory compliance. Ensures all employees and vendors are aware of station and corporate goals and expectations.
• Ensures and maintains a safe work environment for employees. Develops and ensures execution of operating policies consistent with NAC’s Safety Management System and the company’s objectives.
• Manages ongoing operations to ensure that any warehousing, aircraft movement, ground movements, loading/unloading of aircraft and cargo handling meet all company and governmental policies and regulations and that customers receive quality service.
• Coordinates with all internal and external customers and vendors to ensure proper training in company requirements and procedures. Ensures customers and vendors know whom to contact if they have problems.
• Monitors all related station contracts to ensure all vendors are complying with all contract provisions and service level agreements related to the operation and maintenance of GSE.
• Participate in periodic meetings with customers and vendors to review potential problem areas and strategies to remedy.
• Monitors all station contracts to ensure all vendors comply with all contract provisions and service level agreements.
• Meets with customers and vendors on a regular basis to discuss potential problem areas and the entire scope of the company. Resolves all problems arising from vendors, crews, hotels, catering, maintenance, fuelers, ground handlers, or customers.
• Monitors and evaluates work performance of all company employees assigned to the station. As needed, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Reports as appropriate to respective managers.
• Ensures Company and other reports are submitted to in a timely manner as required.
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit rew31.ultipro.com.
The following requirements represent the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education, certificates, licenses, and/or Experience
• At least 5 years of extensive airline operations experience.
• Experience in Boeing 767 or other similar wide body cargo operations.
• Able to perform all aspects of Ground and Cargo Operations including weight and balance, handling hazardous materials, de-icing, fueling, catering, security, etc.
• College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information both orally and written to groups of other managers or subordinates as well as to customers and the general public
Computer Based Skills
• Proficient with database systems common in the air cargo industry
Other Skills & Abilities
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to handle and move 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and make decisions based on all available facts.
• Must have a working knowledge of aircraft operations, airline regulations, airfreight operations, airport operations, and customer service operations.
• Must be able to work in a high-paced environment.
• Must be able to coordinate the activities of multiple departments.
Special Position Requirements
• Position based in Miami.
• Occasional travel to Outstations may be required from time to time.
The following are preferred attributes for the position, but not absolutely required. Candidates with these qualifications may be given preference.
• Spanish desirable, but not required