NAC Manager of Flight Control
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: July 29, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Manager of Flight Control performs job by application of 14CFR 91, 119 and 121 and company and departmental policies to expedite and ensure safety of flight by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible for operational control of company aircraft via chain of command through Director of Operations.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the Flight Control Agent’s and Flight Operations Coordinators.
- Ensures that the crew time tracking program is being maintained as per departmental procedure and being used to dispatch crews.
- Identifies additional tools needed at the desk and to bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Will assess and evaluate the effectiveness of programs, current practices, procedures and methods to ensure optimum efficiency and safety of flight.
- Prepares and maintains the Flight Control Agent & Flight Operations Coordinators work schedule in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- • Attends weekly status meetings to provide an additional forum for communication and direction.
- • Prepares, schedules and provides training to the work group as required by regulations and/or the company.
- • Liaison with the FAA Dispatcher Inspectors.
- Analyzes and evaluates current atmospheric conditions and prognostications to determine impact on Company flight activities.
- Computes fuel requirements according to type of aircraft, distance, weather conditions, destination alternates(s) and FARs.
- Evaluates station fuel costs to optimize uplift at outstations.
- Accurate preparation of all required documentation.
- Prepares flight plans and signs flight releases containing such information as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights predicated on certificated limitations, runway limitations and other performance criteria, minimum and preferred fuel requirements and other elements as required by FAR.
- Coordinates with Flight Scheduling to delay, cancel or reroute flights if unsafe conditions exist.
- Arranges over flight, landings and customers requirements for foreign operations.
- Monitors flight progress including delays and cancellations and records information in company prescribed formats.
- Updates the online flight schedule.
- Professionalism, accuracy and excellent communication skills required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Maintains Confidentiality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid FAA Aircraft Dispatcher license, able to maintain competency.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Previous airline experience required.
- Previous ETOPS preferred
- Previous International experience preferred
- Must have strong skills in a computer based environments including Windows, Excel, Power Point and web browsers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with flight crews
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables. Ability to interpret a variety of technical information furnished in written, oral, mathematical
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid FAA Dispatcher License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer skills required.
STRESS ON THE JOB:
- This position has a high-level of responsibility for a safety-sensitive function. Ability to manage periods of high-stress is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.